A new Lib Dem scheme to get rid of unfair Business Rates could transform struggling town centres in Carmarthenshire. Our High Streets are dying as we find it easier to shop in out of town centres. The new Lib Dem scheme would boost local business and create long term employment opportunities.
Unpopular Business Rates would be replaced by a Commercial Land Levy, paid by land owners, not businesses.
The benefits to local businesses would be to:-
● Reduce red tape for shop owners and small businesses.
● Tax the value of the land, not the value of the business.
● Bring empty properties back in to use.
● Reduce commercial rental costs.
● Free up land for building new homes.
You can read more by following this link:-